Monday, 19 March 2018

The Content Relaunch Strategy

This is similar to technique #2 from this guide…
…with an important twist.
Instead of just improving your content, you completely relaunch it.
In other words:
Treat your improved content like a brand new post.
For example:
I recently revamped and relaunched this list of SEO copywriting tactics:
relaunched article
So I shared the post on social media:
And sent out an announcement to my email subscribers:
newsletter email
Which led to a significant boost in traffic (including almost 5k visitors in one day):
boost in traffic

9. Create Content That Appeals to Influencers

Here’s the truth:
If you want influential people to share your content, you need to write stuff that appeals directly to that group.
Example:
A few years ago I created an infographic for a client in the investing niche.
Even though that niche is far from “interesting”, our infographic went viral. We’re talking thousands of targeted visits in the first two days.
Here’s the infographic:
client infographic
Now there are dozens of reasons this infographic did so well… from the design to the content promotion campaign.
But a good chunk of its success was due to one simple thing:
It appealed to the influencers in the personal finance space.
I’ll explain.
I noticed that, at the time, a lot of high-powered financial bloggers were up in arms about inflation:
inflation article
So I decided to create an infographic that highlighted the problem they cared so much about.
And this led to shares and mentions on several authority sites…
mention on authority site
…and a boatload of traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment